Brooklyn Nets seeks an Inside Sales Representative (s) to participate in an 11-month intensive entry-level sales program during which he/she will prospect and sell all season ticket plans offered for Brooklyn Nets at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. Position participates in special projects/project team(s) as assigned, to identify potential customers within the metropolitan area and support overall departmental objectives.
Brooklyn Nets is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate ticket sales revenue by cold calling area companies and individuals to set up face-to-face appointments and finalize sales of Brooklyn Nets All Access Passes, Full Season and Partial Season ticket plans, as well as other Barclays Center events;
- Generate leads by researching prospective clients within the metropolitan area and generating referrals;
- Achieve and exceed monthly and annual individual goals set by the Manager of Inside Sales;
- Attend Brooklyn Nets home games to promote the team, entertain prospective clients, and/or staff a ticket sales table on the concourse for in-game selling of ticket plans;
- Attend special Brooklyn Nets events such as Barclays Center Business Alliance meetings and other lead generating networking events in the region;
- Responsible for making 80-100 phone calls per shift.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty exceptionally. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Sales experience is a plus;
- Competencies in face-to-face presentations and event selling;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook and related software skills;
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, exuding a high level of energy and enthusiasm;
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Must have the ability to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use the utmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
- Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
- Must have an interest and ability in serving others as one of the primary functions of their job;
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently;
- Must be a flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within the company as a whole;
- Must have a high level of communication skills and be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, written, face-to-face, over the phone, etc.) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Travel Requirements
Frequent Traveler (10 – 50% travel), the bulk of which is within the New York metropolitan area.
B. Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds
C. Work Environment
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however is expected to attend Brooklyn Nets games and other special events.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.