ABOUT BROOKLYN SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment (BSE) manages state-of-the-art venues and premier sports franchises, delivering dynamic content and experiences for audiences. BSE oversees programming, marketing, sales, and operations for Barclays Center and NYCB LIVE, and manages and controls the NBA's Brooklyn Nets and its Development League team, the Long Island Nets, as well as the business operations of the NHL's New York Islanders.
Barclays Center, which opened on September 28, 2012, offers 17,732 seats for basketball, 15,795 for hockey, and up to 19,000 seats for concerts, and has 101 luxury suites, four bars/lounges, four clubs, and 40/40 CLUB & Restaurant by Tanduay Rum.
NYCB LIVE, scheduled to reopen April 5, 2017 after extensive renovation, will offer 13,000 seats for hockey, 13,500 for basketball, and 14,500 for standard concert configurations, with the ability to flex up. The bowl will have a theater seating option for 4,000 guests. With a focus on emerging businesses, BSE identifies and creates alliances, strategic partners and other business opportunities to ensure the success of its assets.
Our Mission: Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment is committed to creating memories through our world-class state-of-the-art venues, professional sports franchises and emerging businesses.
For additional information, please visit Brooklynse.com.
Brooklyn Nets, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsible for providing superior client service to all current and new season ticket members. The client service provided by the Account Manager is imperative and allows the organization to facilitate revenue generation and client retention. The incumbent in this position is not only expected to execute the duties and responsibilities outlined in the description below, but also to participate in special projects and project teams that support departmental goals and objectives that may be deemed as essential by the Director of VIP Services.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pursues, solicits, and sells products and packages to new businesses, while also exploring opportunities to generate additional sales and revenue by up-selling current Season Ticket Members;
- Provides exceptional client service by attentively listening and comprehending the needs of Season Ticket Holders;
- Makes sales calls and schedules face-to-face appointments to discuss accounts and promptly follows up with the appropriate action to move the sales process forward;
- Manages Season Ticket Holders’ accounts in the arena seating zone that has been assigned by the supervisor, and schedules “Meet and Greet” opportunities with potential clients throughout the season;
- Demonstrates the necessary ability and drive to not only meet, but exceed team and personal revenue goals;
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of the New York Islanders and Barclays Center services and Season Ticket Holder benefits;
- Participates and assists with Season Ticket Holders’ needs and department events;
- Retains and renews Season Ticket Holders’ accounts in their specified arena seating zone;
- Assists with the Season Ticket Holder upgrade process;
- Provides support to the Box Office by assisting with the implementation of season ticket packaging and mailing;
- Assists with game night operations in all hospitality areas to include the North and South Clubs, 40/40 Restaurant and Courtside Club;
- Coordinates with internal departments to ensure the quality of the overall Season Ticket Holder experience is excellent;
- Creates strategies to generate additional revenue in regards to Season Ticket Holder accounts;
- Informs and updates management immediately if there are problems or unusual matters of significance that may require corrective action regarding Season Ticket Members;
- Handles and resolves all client complaints.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree required;
2-4 years of experience working in sales and/or client service (preferably for a professional sports franchise);
Proven track record of successful sales experience required.
Must have outstanding client service and interpersonal communication skills;
Must have displayed competencies in face-to-face presentations and event selling;
Must have experience working with database applications to include Archtics and Microsoft Dynamic CRM;
Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite and related software;
Extensive sales prospecting-by-phone, cold-calling experience;
Must have the ability to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use utmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
Must have an interest and the ability to serve others;
Must be self-directed and able to work independently
Must have strong time management and organizational skills;
Must have strong communication skills, be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and be attuned to others by utilizing strong active listening skills;
Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
Must be able to identify problems, their sources and potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made;
Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within the department and the company as a whole;
Must have excellent communication skills and a high level of energy.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
Infrequent Traveler (less than 5% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a very limited basis.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however is expected to attend New York Islanders games and other events as directed by their supervisor.