ABOUT BROOKLYN SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment (BSE) manages state-of-the-art venues and premier sports franchises, delivering dynamic content and experiences for audiences. BSE oversees programming, marketing, sales, and operations for Barclays Center and NYCB LIVE, and manages and controls the NBA's Brooklyn Nets and its Development League team, the Long Island Nets, as well as the business operations of the NHL's New York Islanders.
Barclays Center, which opened on September 28, 2012, offers 17,732 seats for basketball, 15,795 for hockey, and up to 19,000 seats for concerts, and has 101 luxury suites, four bars/lounges, four clubs, and 40/40 CLUB & Restaurant by Tanduay Rum.
NYCB LIVE, scheduled to reopen April 5, 2017 after extensive renovation, will offer 13,000 seats for hockey, 13,500 for basketball, and 14,500 for standard concert configurations, with the ability to flex up. The bowl will have a theater seating option for 4,000 guests. With a focus on emerging businesses, BSE identifies and creates alliances, strategic partners and other business opportunities to ensure the success of its assets.
Our Mission: Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment is committed to creating memories through our world-class state-of-the-art venues, professional sports franchises and emerging businesses.
For additional information, please visit Brooklynse.com.
Brooklyn Nets, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsible for supporting the Suite Service and Sales team to ensure that best-in-class customer service is provided to Barclays Center suite clients. The Suite Services Coordinator is relied upon to manage information regarding suite clients/prospects, to provide assistance at events and to participate in special projects that support department objectives. This is an hourly position that offers the potential for career growth to successful individuals. This position reports directly to the Manager, Suite Services.
Brooklyn Events Center, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the suite client database, specifically, ensuring that the following information is current and in the system: contact information, terms of SLA, events assignments, tracking/shipping details, etc.;
- Assists the Suite Services team in the preparation of materials for suite presentations, mailing campaigns and appointments;
- Coordinates with the Box Office to handle monthly suite ticket shipments;
- Helps the Suite Service and Sales team at suite prospecting events;
- Attends and provides assistance to suite clients at Barclays Center events;
- Ensures the proper system for invoicing and billing between the Suite Services and Finance departments;
- Assists in Suite Services budget tracking, Purchase Orders, Purchase Requisitions and Check Requests for ordering materials, collateral and merchandise for the department;
- Participates in all other projects, as assigned, to support the Suite Services department objectives;
- Receives and fulfills requests for additional tickets to Barclays Center events;
- Collects RSVP’s for a variety events, including events for prospecting, retention, and appreciation;
- Provides upcoming event lists to all suite clients bi-weekly and as requested;
- Compile suite assignment lists for each event and distribute to all necessary departments;
- Communicate directly with suite clients to provide event invites, receipts and other important announcements;
- Manager relationship with parking vendor for VIP parking;
- Attends meetings with various departments to discuss upcoming initiatives throughout the organization;
- Establishes strong relationships with suite clients;
- Assists with company-wide suite sales initiatives;
- Assist in generation of any service materials;
- Performs other duties assigned.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 1-3 years of business experience (sports and entertainment is preferred).
- Must have experience working with database applications;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and related software skills;
- Must possess strong time management and organizational skills;
- Must have the ability and willingness to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use utmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
- Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
- Must have an interest and ability to serve others, as this is one of the primary functions of the position;
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently;
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within the company as a whole;
- Must possess strong communication skills: must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal and written) and being attuned to other through strong active listening skills;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Must have a strong command of reasons, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5%); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is also expected to attend games and other Barclays Center events that may take place on evenings, weekends and holidays.