The Manager of Premium Partnerships is expected to be an established successful salesperson with a proven track record of selling high end products. He/she must be self-motivated and possess the skills required to sell suite products at Barclays Center and affiliated properties. The ideal candidate is hard-working, organized, creative, and enthusiastic. To be successful in this role, he/she must be able to effectively position, promote and sell in the most competitive marketplace in sports and entertainment. (Please note: this role does not manage staff)
Brooklyn Events Center, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sells multi-year suite agreements to decision makers of corporations and high net worth individuals;
- Sells individual nightly suite rentals and other premium products to Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment affiliated properties;
- Aggressive prospecting required to generate new business relationships and cultivate new leads;
- Able to identify business opportunities by establishing professional and personal networks, and proactively follow up on all sales leads;
- Utilizes company CRM system to manage accounts, sales pipelines, activities, and customer information;
- Works closely with management to achieve targeted revenue objectives for Barclays Center and affiliated properties;
- Conducts senior-level sales presentations as required to support the suite sales initiative;
- Meets individual sales goals and targets;
- Responsible for servicing accounts, including: consistently evaluating client suite experience remaining in steady communication with clients, taking proactive approach to customer service issues, and managing any day-to-day client needs;
- Responsible for the renewal of existing accounts;
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of five (5) years office experience
- Suite sales experience preferred
- Sales experience in the New York tri-state area a plus.
The ideal candidate must:
Have the ability to deliver presentations to Senior Level Executives
Have excellent written and spoken communication
Have demonstrated success in handling strict deadlines and operating in a fast moving environment
Possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
Be able to exercise sound judgment and discretion with sensitive and confidential materials involving the clients
Be self-confident and resilient, and possess a high level of energy and enthusiasm
Have the ability to rise to the challenge and provide the hard work necessary to succeed
Possess problem-solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing enterprise. When necessary, he/she will be a tough and effective negotiator, comfortable in both complex negotiations as well as sophisticated business situations
Be “thick skinned” and at the same time diplomatic, culturally sensitive and politically aware - an ambassador to Brooklyn Nets, New York Islanders, Barclays Center and affiliated properties;
Have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion, as well as excellent conflict resolution skills with regard to interpersonal relationships
Be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole
Have the ability and willingness to maintain an impeccable professional appearance
Infrequent Traveler (Less than 5% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a very limited basis. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
The incumbent works primarily in an office environment but is expected to attend games and other Barclays Center and affiliated properties events taking place on weekends and holidays.