We are looking for a highly motivated individual to handle the daily Accounts Payable responsibilities. Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsible for processing all vendor disbursements as well as employee expense reimbursements for the company. This position reports to the Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer and enforce the purchase authorization process;
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and expense report and ensure timely payment;
- Responsible for preparing the accounts payable register, aging and related reports;
- Review all check and ACH/wire transfer requests to ensure properly approved and include proper supporting documentation;
- Maintaining organized files of payment support;
- Prepare and deliver bank deposits, as required;
- Special projects, as required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 2 – 3 years working in an accounts payable department required;
- Experience with Sage Platnium is ideal.
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Must have strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel;
- Must have direct experience working with accounts payable software; knowledge of Platinum for Windows software a plus;
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and be skilled in dealing with financial and numerical data;
- Must have extreme attention to detail and be able to identify errors quickly;
- Must have the uncompromised ability to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others, as well as, company documents and records;
- Must be able to effectively communicate issues and concerns to the Controller and other finance team members;
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must have good decision-making skills and solid judgment;
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and overall company.
May be required to travel on rare occasions (< 5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, may be expected to attend games and other events taking place on weekends and holidays.