GAME NIGHT FLOOR MANAGER
Long Island Nets- NYCB Live
The Long Island Nets are seeking a Game Night Floor Manager. Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsible for managing and supervising live entertainment programs. The incumbent should be a highly motivated and creative self-starter with an unparalleled work ethic and the desire to be the best. The Game Night Floor Manager reports directly to the Game Presentation Coordinator. This is a part time, seasonal position.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all on court elements of Game Presentation in conjunction with the Game Presentation Coordinator;
- Reviews all event notes before the game to ensure a clear understanding of all in game/on court elements;
- Manages the execution process of all in-game promotions;
- Manages and supervises the game night staff;
- Organizes and stages fan experience groups and special guests for on court events occurring before and during the game (Color Guard, National Anthem Singer, Prime Time Performers, etc.);
- Serves as Floor Manager;
- Communicates effectively with game night staff (Game Night Floor Assistants; Long Island Nets Kids Dance Team, Team Hype and MC/Host) throughout the entire game;
- Organizes and coordinates materials to be used during the games (Awards, T-shirts, Prizes, Props, etc.);
- Trains game night floor assistants on proper floor management and promotion execution;
- Maintain programming logs and schedule;
- Perform administrative duties as assigned;
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly;
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others;
- Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines;
- Must be able to react to change productively and to handle tasks as assigned;
- Must be able to work flexible hours and game nights when needed.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a related field;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant game day/night experience required.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
Infrequent Traveler (<20% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a very limited basis. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to:
- lift up to 40 pounds
- stand for entire length of shift
- work in elevated areas
The incumbent primarily works in the arena bowl of NYCB Live and is expected to attend all games as well as other events as needed.