GAME NIGHT FLOOR ASSISTANT
Long Island Nets – NYCB LIVE
As a Game Night Floor Assistant, you will work with and report directly to the Game Night Floor Manager. You will also work closely with the Game Presentation Coordinator and other members of the game night staff. The ideal candidate possesses a high level of integrity, passion, energy, a positive attitude, the ability to adapt to different situations, a strong work ethic, and a mindset for teamwork. Candidates must have excellent customer interpersonal skills and the desire to help others. This is a part-time, seasonal position.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates and receives direction from the Game Night Floor Manager before, during and after each home game;
- Assists with promotions used during the games (Awards, T-shirts, Prizes, Props, and more);
- Communicates effectively with other members of the game night staff (Long Island Nets Kids Dance Team, Team Hype and MC/Host) throughout the entire game;
- Helps fan experience groups and special guests on and off the court before and during the game (High Five Lines, Anthem Buddies, Game Ball Delivery, Fan of the Game),
- Reviews all event notes before the game to ensure a clear understanding of all in game/on court elements.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Game Night Floor Manager.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant game day/night experience required.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
Infrequent Traveler (<20% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a very limited basis. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to:
- lift up to 40 pounds
- stand for entire length of shift
- work in elevated areas
The incumbent primarily works in the arena bowl of NYCB Live and is expected to attend all games as well as other events as needed.