The Director, Global Partnerships will be responsible for prospecting, pursuing, and developing new sponsorship partnerships for the Brooklyn Nets, Barclays Center and other affiliated properties. The incumbent must possess great energy, a strong sales background, and excellent communication skills. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Global Partnerships. (Please note - this role is not managing a team...but a very heavy sales focused role)
Brooklyn Events Center, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, manages, and nurtures new integrated business partnerships to accomplish sales goals;
- Creates and effectively maintains reporting documents in an organized manner;
- Prospects, pursues and develops new business accounts and categories;
- Pursues sponsor partner prospects;
- Assists in asset identification and creation and provides leadership in the creation of sales materials;
- Integrates, aligns and executes the Sponsorship Sales goals;
- Explores and grows the client account list leveraging creative ideas for lead generation;
- Attends network and promotional events to develop and maintain contact with potential clients and professional bodies;
- Proactively seeks and cultivates international business relationships;
- Takes accountability in reaching individual, team, international, and inventory budgets on an annual basis;
- Focuses on the development of specific inventory developing ways, such as packaging techniques and new/soft inventory to better exceed targeted sales goals;
- Contributes to any efforts, thoughts or actions used to boost overall revenue for the organization;
- Monitors the competitive marketplace, including local and national sports and entertainment properties;
- Develops new revenue streams utilizing “soft” inventory and creating new programs, which may include third party representation of other properties;
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 6+ years of experience in Partnership Sales (Special emphasis in social platforms, non-traditional sales and agency relations);
- Management/Supervisory experience preferred;
- Sports and/or arena industry experience preferred.
- Must have advanced internet navigation skills as well as strong proficiency with Photoshop, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word software;
- Must have superior media, web and digital expertise;
- Must be self-confident, resilient and possess a high level of enthusiasm;
- Must be dynamic, forward-thinking, extremely analytical and well organized;
- Must have strong strategic thinking and planning skills;
- Must have the presence, visibility and record of accomplishment which will enable him/her to immediately establish credibility both within the organization and with individuals outside;
- Must have the ability to rise to a challenge and provide the hard work necessary to succeed;
- Must possess problem solving capabilities to address and resolve issues. When necessary, he/she will be a tough and effective negotiator, comfortable in both complex negotiations as well as sophisticated business situations;
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to connect to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills;
- Must be comfortable engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
- Must have the ability to gain and enhance the respect and trust of superiors, peers, subordinates, customers and the investment community. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be ethical and have an unquestioned level of personal and professional integrity;
- Results and bottom-line oriented yet sensitive towards people and values;
- Must have the ability and willingness to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Travel Requirements
Infrequent Traveler (<5% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a very limited basis. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
B. Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
C. Work Environment
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend Brooklyn Nets games and other events at Barclays Center, which may include those on evenings, weekends and/or holidays as required.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.