Game Day MC/Host
Long Island Nets – NYCB LIVE
IN GAME HOST JOB DESCRIPTION
As an In Game Host, The MC’s main tasks are to introduce performers or speakers in a way that puts them at ease, announce items on the agenda, and recognize sponsors. The MC must also be able to create an atmosphere of interest and expectation while performing each tasks in a timely fashion. They must also ensure a seamless transition between game segments and keep the events moving at a steady pace within time constraints. This is a part-time, seasonal position.
- Having constant communication with the Game Presentation Coordinator, Game Day Floor Manager, Game Day Floor Assistants and DJ before and during and after each home game.
- Helping keep the crowd entertained during all breaks of the game including time outs and half-time.
- Communicating effectively with other members of the game night crew (Long Island Nets Kids Dance Team and Team Hype.
- Helping fan experience groups and special guests on and off the court before and during the game (High Five Lines, Anthem Buddies, Game Ball Delivery, Fan of the Game, and more)
- Reviewing all game notes before the game to ensure a clear understanding of in game events.
The ideal candidate possesses a high level of integrity, passion, energy, a positive attitude, the ability to adapt to different situations, a strong work ethic, and a mindset for teamwork. Candidates must have excellent customer interpersonal skills and the desire to help others.
- Available weeknights, weekends, and holidays (as needed)
- Must be available 3-4 hours prior to event kick-off and approximately 1-2 hours after each event
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift
- May be required to work in elevated areas
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience as a game night crew member or an in game environment strongly preferred