The Operations Assistant is responsible for assisting the Senior Director, Operations in maintaining the Corporate Offices and HSS Training Center, as well as NBA games at the Barclays Center. The Operations Assistant ensures that all these areas are maintained in a “Best in Class” environment. This incumbent must be motivated, organized and detail-oriented individual. The individual will assist with the day-to-day operations of our corporate offices and the HSS Training Center. The incumbent will assist with event planning, setup, and breakdown for both basketball and non-basketball Nets events. The Operations Assistant will also help ensure that both the training center and front office maintain all facility standards within NBA rules and guidelines. The incumbent will help manage all D-league operational needs to include practices and games once the D-League is operational. The incumbent must be willing to travel 50% of the time, splitting time between the Brooklyn Nets front office, training center, Barclays Center, and other off-site events.
Brooklyn Nets, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with daily facility walk-through's and various projects;
- Maintains the inventory log of all office supplies and warehouse storage;
- Supports the operations department with all Nets and D-league events;
- Handles vendor relations and scheduling for all Nets facilities;
- Processes vendor check requests and purchase requistions for projects and purchases;
- Ensures the practice facility meets and maintains all NBA standards and requirement;
- Helps with all research on future projects, events and facility construction;
- Manages the office inventory of supplies specifically, but not limited to, janitorial and general office supplies;
- Oversees the shipping and receiving of all goods to the practice facility. This includes, but is not limited, to the UPS System, FED EX, USPS and other carriers and manages shipping supplies and tracking;
- Manages warehouse to best utilize the space effectively;
- Oversees all office machines i.e. mail system, copiers, printers and fax machines;
- Oversees purchase requisition process for the Operations Department including but not limited to researching companies, bid analysis, submission and ordering process;
- Contributes in increasing team efficiency by giving support both operationally and administratively. This may include clerical tasks, transportation of company records and needed supplies and other courier duties;
- Upon the direction of the Senior Director, Operations, the Operations Assistant may create standard operating procedures and establish spreadsheets and data bases for the company;
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, facility management, communications, marketing or related field (or equivalent related experience);
- 1 to 2 years of Facility operations and/or event operation experience.
- Must have an uncompromised ability to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others and company documents and records;
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational/administrative skills and ability to prioritize demands and consistently meet expectations and take initiative
- Must have strong conflict resolution, decision-making and problem solving skills;
- Must have the ability to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
- Must have an understanding of Facility Operations and the daily responsibilities
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently;
- Must be flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Strong communication skills: must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
- A willingness to go the extra mile to complete a task quickly and efficiently;
- Strong proficiency in computer programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Travel Requirements
Frequent Traveler (50% travel): This individual must be willing to travel 50% of the time; splitting time between the Brooklyn Nets front office, practice facility, Barclays Center, and off-site events.
B. Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
C. Work Environment
The incumbent works primarily in an office environment; however, is expected to attend Nets and other events taking place on weekends and holidays.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.